Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  
Share | 

3000 Books

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts: 1216
Registration date: 2008-01-16

PostSubject: 3000 Books   Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:35 am

Do any of you realize how many 3000 books are, other than they are 3000? Do you know how many boxes they are in or how much they weigh?

I found out this weekend. They are in 105 boxes that weigh 39 lbs. each. How do I know? Hubby and I rescued them for another author this weekend. She is in Canada. The books were in Ohio. We are in Illinois. Saturday was a very long day!

I am not her publisher. I am her friend. Her other friend, a publisher, disappeared and left all her books in a foreclosed house. That publisher told the management company the books were trash and could be destroyed. Luckily my author friend was able to retrieve them.

I am doing a shameless plug for her book, No Shadows Left Behind by Tina-Sue Ducross. After all, I have 3000 books of hers in my house and only 20 of mine. I need to make room. *grin*
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts: 4017

PostSubject: Re: 3000 Books   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:46 am

Sue, you are truly a devoted friend, and the plug is a good one. You might tell us what it's about and how much it costs though, to make it a true plug. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts: 212
Registration date: 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 3000 Books   Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:36 pm

Sue,

you are truely a wonderul person and friend. Only you and a few people I know would do something like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts: 3827
Registration date: 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: 3000 Books   Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Now that is caring about a fellow author!!

Well done, Sue.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts: 1216

PostSubject: Re: 3000 Books   Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanks for the cudos, but I don't really deserve them. Any one of you would have done the same thing to help someone out. I just couldn't see 3000 books that someone paid for, her baby, destroyed. I would do the same for any of you if I could.

I knew it was the right thing to do because everything fell right into place. I had traveled that route many times on the way to my Dad's which is about an hour and a half East of where we picked up the books. The realtor helped as much as he could. The timing was perfect. It couldn't have worked out better if I had planned it myself. It was planned from above.

The only bad part was that I was unable to travel that distance to go see my family. We had to come right back. But, I am planning a trip over the Christmas Holidays.
Back to top Go down

3000 Books

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors ::  :: -